The specifications of MLA research paper format
There are numerous formats which are used for the documentation of research data in various subjects. It is necessary to know the specifications of the styles which are preferred by your subject to be able to apply them effectively without wasting too much time on it. The MLA research paper format, developed by the Modern Language Association of America, is one of the highly preferred documentation formats in academia. It is also one of the simplest and most flexible of all documentation styles. It was developed to suit the specific requirements of language and literature subjects, as it gives a lot of liberty to the writers. But it has become the favorite style for many other subjects also as it offers a lot of flexible options with the formatting of a document.
Learning all the specifications of the style is not easy, ironically, due to its flexible and liberal nature. You will need to find out the applicable terms and conditions, each time you are assigned a research paper in MLA format, with due respect to the specifications given in the guidelines. But if the guidelines don’t contain any specific instructions regarding the formatting other than that it must be done as per the MLA research paper format, then you may do it as per the basic guidelines of the format which is also its preferred method of documenting the data.
Understanding the MLA format
The MLA style of documentation prefers:
• The title page to be a part of the first page of the research paper. It also offers the option of a separate title page, if the instructor prefers it or if the assignment requires it but if nothing is specified, follow the basic MLA research paper format.
• The name of the author, the name of the professor, the course title and the date to appear on the top left hand side of the first page of the research paper.
• The surname of the author and the page number, separated by a comma, to appear on the top right hand side of the first page.
• The title to be placed centrally aligned, along the line which separates the top quarter of the first page of the document.
• The research paper to start, a couple of spaces below the title.
• The use of content notes, end notes and in-text citations in the format of ‘(author, page number)’ for reference as well as extra notes.
• The bibliography section to start on a separate page, headed ‘Works Cited’.
Applying the MLA format is simple enough if you have a clear idea of the specific formatting requirements of the assignment. And if there are no specifications, the MLA format is the easiest one to work on. If you need any kind of help with your MLA format research paper, we can assist you. We can either help you by formatting your research paper as per the MLA style or we can prepare a custom research paper, as per your specific requirements, in the MLA research paper format. Complete satisfaction for you is our absolute guarantee.